SHIFT INTO FLEXIBILITY
We keep you rolling 24/7.
See our FAQs below or click the Chat button to ask a question.
Any active CDL holder can sign up to be a driver on Relay Network.
You earn money by accepting runs carriers post to hire drivers for. Carriers post pay rates for each run and you can choose to accept or negotiate a higher rate . You can accept runs and be hired by multiple carriers to ensure you always have work. The total of how much you can make is in your control and depends on how often you want to work.
No, you are never required to accept a RELAY. You always have the option to say no thanks.
Once a dispatch order is complete, both you and the carrier confirm the completed run and rate each other. Then you can choose to get paid instantly through the Relay app via deposit to your bank account or debit card.
You can have Relay serve as a limited payment collection agent for drivers on the network where we collect payment from carriers. You can choose to transfer earned funds to your bank account or debit card instantly right from the Relay app.
Yes you can, but to become active on RELAY’s platform, any of the following may prevent you from being able to get hired by carriers on the network:
- Excessive speeding, involving any single offense for any speed of 15 m.p.h. or more above the
- Reckless driving, as defined by state or local law or regulation, including but not limited to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
- Improper or erratic lane changes.
- Following the vehicle ahead too closely.
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or failure to report an accident.
- Four (4) or more moving violations in the past 36 months, and no more than two (2) moving violations in the previous 12 months.
- Preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle within three years. (Disabling damage means damage that precludes departure of any motor vehicle from the scene of an accident in its usual manner in daylight after simple repairs. This includes damaged vehicles that are drivable, but would incur further damage, if so driven.)
- Less than three (3) years CDL experience in the operation of tractor/trailer equipment.
- Must be a minimum of 23 years old.
Simply Request a Ride directly from the Relay app after you’ve accepted a RELAY run.
Relay does not hire drivers and is not involved in hiring and/or classifying drivers for carriers. The carriers who hire and work with drivers on the Relay network determine the appropriate employment status based on the nature of the work they require. More information regarding employment status when accepting work through the Relay app can be found in our Terms of Service.
Anybody can use Relay to hire a driver. Whether you need drivers for your trucking company, or for you as an individual who needs a driver to drive a large vehicle or company vehicle on a one-off basis. No matter your need, you can find, book, hire, and dispatch a driver through the Relay 24/7 with just the tap of a button through our mobile app or web portal.
When you book a driver, you can choose to pay the Relay Driver an hourly rate or a flat day rate you set at a cost that works for your business. This ensures you always get the right driver, for the right load, at the right cost.
You can also use Relay’s suggested rates based on our vast real-time driver pay market data to ensure your driver cost is inline with market rates for your area.
Yes, All drivers are thoroughly checked and screened to ensure they meet RELAY’s Gold Standards as a certified professional driver. In addition, you can instantly view driver qualification files and ensure the driver is the right fit before you hire them.
Yes, there are Drivers available for local, regional, and long-haul (OTR) jobs. You can even save money by using RELAY instead of teams for your long distance loads. This is how: Use a driver to pick up and/or deliver the long distance load saving valuable hours of service for your long haul driver. With RELAY, you’ll be able use a solo driver to make delivery times on many loads that once needed a team. Chat with RELAY support to build a strategy that will increase your revenue while saving you money.
Yes, simply request a one-way RELAY move to hire a driver. This is a great option for when you need to make a delivery or pick up to avoid late fees or downtime from missed appointments.
The carrier is typically responsible for lumpers, tolls, fuel, etc.