SHIFT INTO FLEXIBILITY
We keep you rolling 24/7.
See our FAQs below or click the Chat button to ask a question.
Any active CDL holder can sign up to be a RELAY driver. However, before you can become available to carriers, you must pass a background check, meet driving record requirements, and complete a RELAY training program.
You earn money on an hourly basis with RELAY. This range changes based on the demand from carriers. The total of how much you can make is in your control and depends on how often you want to work.
No, you are never required to accept a RELAY. You always have the option to say no thanks.
Once a job request is complete, both you and the carrier confirm the completed job and rate each other. RELAY drivers are paid on a weekly basis. RELAY also offers next day pay through our 3rd party partner PayActiv so you can access your pay as soon as the day after you earn it.
You can choose to transfer funds to your bank account, payroll card, reloadable debit card, PayActiv Visa card or even access it as cash by walking into any Walmart 24/7/365.
Yes you can, but to become active on RELAY’s platform, you’re application will be submitted for review if you have any of the following:
- Excessive speeding, involving any single offense for any speed of 15 m.p.h. or more above the
- Reckless driving, as defined by state or local law or regulation, including but not limited to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
- Improper or erratic lane changes.
- Following the vehicle ahead too closely.
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or failure to report an accident.
- Four (4) or more moving violations in the past 36 months, and no more than two (2) moving violations in the previous 12 months.
- Preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle within three years. (Disabling damage means damage that precludes departure of any motor vehicle from the scene of an accident in its usual manner in daylight after simple repairs. This includes damaged vehicles that are drivable, but would incur further damage, if so driven.)
- Less than three (3) years CDL experience in the operation of tractor/trailer equipment.
- Must be a minimum of 23 years old.
RELAY provides a free ride service for you to get to and from the truck so you don’t have to worry about it. Simply Request a Ride directly from the app after you’ve accepted a RELAY move.
As a RELAY Driver, you are classified as an Independent Contractor. Information regarding contractor status can be found in our Terms of Service.
Any carrier company with an MC or DOT can sign up and get a RELAY driver.
When you book a driver, you can choose to pay the Relay Driver an hourly rate or a flat day rate you set at a cost that works for your business. This ensures you always get the right driver, for the right load, at the right cost.
You can also use Relay’s suggested rates based on our vast real-time driver pay market data to ensure your driver cost is inline with market rates for your area.
Yes and double yes! All drivers are thoroughly checked and screened to ensure they meet RELAY’s Gold Standards. In addition, each RELAY driver must complete a RELAY Certification Program before they are allowed to view and accept your RELAY requests. RELAY only allows drivers who exhibit and adhere to Best of the Best Professional and Safety practices.
Yes, there are Relay Drivers available for local, overnight, and long-haul (OTR) jobs. You can even save money by using RELAY instead of teams for your long distance loads. This is how: Use RELAY to pick up and/or deliver the long distance load saving valuable hours of service for your long haul driver. With RELAY, you’ll be able use a solo driver to make delivery times on many loads that once needed a team. Chat with RELAY support to build a strategy that will increase your revenue while saving you money.
Yes, simply request a one-way RELAY move. This is a great option for when you need to make a delivery or pick up to avoid late fees or downtime from missed appointments.
The carrier is responsible for all load transit and related costs. This includes lumpers, tolls, fuel, etc