Relay does not hire drivers and is not involved in hiring and/or classifying drivers for carriers. The carriers who hire and work with drivers on the Relay network determine the appropriate employment status based on the nature of the work they require. More information regarding employment status when accepting work through the Relay app can be found in our Terms of Service.
Simply Request a Ride directly from the Relay app after you’ve accepted a RELAY run.
Yes you can, but to become active on RELAY’s platform, any of the following may prevent you from being able to get hired by carriers on the network:
- Excessive speeding, involving any single offense for any speed of 15 m.p.h. or more above the
- Reckless driving, as defined by state or local law or regulation, including but not limited to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
- Improper or erratic lane changes.
- Following the vehicle ahead too closely.
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or failure to report an accident.
- Four (4) or more moving violations in the past 36 months, and no more than two (2) moving violations in the previous 12 months.
- Preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle within three years. (Disabling damage means damage that precludes departure of any motor vehicle from the scene of an accident in its usual manner in daylight after simple repairs. This includes damaged vehicles that are drivable, but would incur further damage, if so driven.)
- Less than three (3) years CDL experience in the operation of tractor/trailer equipment.
- Must be a minimum of 23 years old.
You can have Relay serve as a limited payment collection agent for drivers on the network where we collect payment from carriers. You can choose to transfer earned funds to your bank account or debit card instantly right from the Relay app.
Once a dispatch order is complete, both you and the carrier confirm the completed run and rate each other. Then you can choose to get paid instantly through the Relay app via deposit to your bank account or debit card.