As a RELAY Driver, you are classified as an Independent Contractor. Information regarding contractor status can be found in our Terms of Service.
RELAY provides a free ride service for you to get to and from the truck so you don’t have to worry about it. Simply Request a Ride directly from the app after you’ve accepted a RELAY move.
Yes you can, but to become active on RELAY’s platform, you’re application will be submitted for review if you have any of the following:
- Excessive speeding, involving any single offense for any speed of 15 m.p.h. or more above the
- Reckless driving, as defined by state or local law or regulation, including but not limited to the offense of driving a motor vehicle in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property.
- Improper or erratic lane changes.
- Following the vehicle ahead too closely.
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs.
- Hit and run, leaving the scene of an accident, or failure to report an accident.
- Four (4) or more moving violations in the past 36 months, and no more than two (2) moving violations in the previous 12 months.
- Preventable accidents involving a fatality, bodily injuries treated away from the scene, or disabling damage to a motor vehicle within three years. (Disabling damage means damage that precludes departure of any motor vehicle from the scene of an accident in its usual manner in daylight after simple repairs. This includes damaged vehicles that are drivable, but would incur further damage, if so driven.)
- Less than three (3) years CDL experience in the operation of tractor/trailer equipment.
- Must be a minimum of 23 years old.
You can choose to transfer funds to your bank account, payroll card, reloadable debit card, PayActiv Visa card or even access it as cash by walking into any Walmart 24/7/365.
Once a job request is complete, both you and the carrier confirm the completed job and rate each other. RELAY drivers are paid on a weekly basis. RELAY also offers next day pay through our 3rd party partner PayActiv so you can access your pay as soon as the day after you earn it.
No, you are never required to accept a RELAY. You always have the option to say no thanks.